Friday 26 August 2011

HOW HE SOLD 1 MILLION EBOOKS IN FIVE MONTHS

I like John Locke as a writer - I think his work is unpretentious, pacey and above all bloody good fun, so I was eager to read his, How I sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 months. Would the book enable me to emulate Locke's success? Will it turn anyone who reads it into a bestseller? Not really - no book can do that and the only way to find success is through bloody hard work.

That said this book does give some useful information, especially regarding marketing. Locke's system for using Twitter is very well explained and should prove useful to anyone wanting to build a following via the social network site. Though I thought the advice he gives about blogging is a load of bollocks. The author claims that the way to build and keep a blog audience is to only blog once in a  blue moon and too keep posts short, concise and to the point. I read blogs daily and anything that isn't updated regularly is soon forgotten about.  But as previously mentioned Locke's advice on the use of Twitter is worth the price of this book alone.

The writer comes across as more of a businessman than author, and his books as products rather than artistic works, but this is kind of refreshing. And Locke's certainly sold a lot of books so I would most certainly recommend this title to anyone wanting to market a book. The book doesn't set out to make you a better writer but instead tries to develop your business skills.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I could certainly use some business skill.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...