Saturday 14 May 2011

Stark Intentions

Take from Scary Motherfucker - the blog of horror writer, Vincent Stark HERE

I am a professional writer – ie, I make my living, or at least a chunk of it from my keyboard. This July will see the publication of my fourth book, my third with Robert Hale LTD – The Ballad of Delta Rose by Jack Martin. Yep I’ve previously written and continue to write westerns. I’ve had some success with these books and next year my first novel The Tarnished Star is to be filmed by Burn Hand Films under the title, LawMaster. And speaking of Burn Hand I recently took a part (and was slaughtered) in the forthcoming horror pic, The Reverend, but that’s another story…and one I’ll talk about another time. Director Neil Jones is also the man who will preside over the LawMaster movie.

And although I am a western writer, man I love that genre, I am first and foremost a WRITER. And I’ve written under my own name Gary M. Dobbs in the crime genre – my take on the Jack the Ripper story, A Policeman’s lot is available in eBook now and soon in print from Solstice Publishing.

You see a writer writes and the genre is irrelevant, but I knew, when an idea for a horror story started developing in my mind, that I would need to create another pen name for my work in the genre. Hence Vincent Stark which I got from mixing Vincent Price with hardboiled writer Richard Stark. I like the idea of pen names – Gary Dobbs is Jack Martin is Vincent Stark.


And the name Vincent Stark will look good gracing the lurid cover of a horror thriller.

No comments:

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...