Wednesday 2 March 2011

Let's shoot a friggin western

I love Quentin Tarantino and I don't care what his detractors say. In my opinion Tarantino will again light up the world of cinema the way he did with Res Dogs, Pulp Fiction and to some extent Jackie Brown. His last big movie, Inglorious Bastards was fine in my opinion, very comic book and will in time attain its deserved classic status. So the news that Tarantino's next movie will be in my favourite genre, the western has got me foaming at the mouth.

Yeah, yeah - I'm a fanboy when it comes to Tarantino - so friggin shoot me.


"Quentin Tarantino has completed the script for his next movie... a spaghetti western. Not only that, but according to reports, the film will reunite him with Inglorious Basterds star Christopher Waltz."

It seems a given that Tarantino's influence will come from the Italian westerns of the 60's/70's rather than classic Hollywood. After all the ear-cutting scene from Res Dogs came directly from cult classic, Django and Tarantino has long talked up his love for exploitation cinema.

This is one to look forward to - let's hope it ain't too long.

2 comments:

Tim Knight said...

I'm very excited about this and have high expectations (another Tarantino fanboy here!)

David Cranmer said...

I second your opinion of Quentin Tarantino and I thought Inglourious Basterds was the best film of '09.

Yep, a western would be terrific.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...