Wednesday 10 March 2010

ARKANSAS SMITH ONCE AGAIN


UNDER his pen-name Jack Martin, Gary Dobbs produced in 2009 the fastest-selling Black Horse Western ever. The Hale-published fiction line, established in its present form in 1986, had previously been marketed actively only to British and Commonwealth public lending libraries. Gary's runaway success was achieved by way of online, retail, non-library sales.

The performance was outstanding and managed largely on the Net via Gary's hugely popular blog, The Tainted Archive. Gary quickly realized, as the sales of his debut novel totted up, that it was going to be a hard act to follow.

He said, "After The Tarnished Star I wanted to try a new kind of character, one that would develop over a series of stories." FULL STORY AND INTERVIEW AT THE BLACK HORSE EXTRA WEBZINE

3 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

I got an email the other day from the book Depository saying my copy was about ship. Being over here in the States and based on delivery time of your first one, another five days or so(a week total) and I'll have it in my hands.

I can't wait.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Randy - I hope you enjoy it.

Unknown said...

As BHW veteran David Whitehead emailed me the other day: "The latest Black Horse Extra is WELL up to the mark. Plenty of good reading here. Gary makes an excellent interview subject!"

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...