Monday 1 February 2010

JACK THE RIPPER IN NEW YORK?


After all these years the murders of Jack the Ripper in 1888 still hold a grisly fascination - perhaps because they have never been solved - well, until later this year in any case. I came across this interesting article that looks at the possibility of old Jack having crossed the Atlantic, knife at ready.

Check out this interesting article


On April 23, 1891, Carrie Brown, a 60-year-old prostitute known as “Old Shakespeare” because of her penchant for quoting the Bard after a few drinks, took a customer to the East River Hotel. MORE

5 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Fascination with these grisly murders never seem to end. This Atlantic crossing theory is indeed titillating. Of course, all Trekkies know, Jack lives on in the 23rd century.

Charles Gramlich said...

A couple of friends of mine, Christopher Fulbright and Angeline Hawkes, did a short novel tying Jack the Ripper in to New York. It was pretty good.

John Sinclair said...

Um, do those dates tie up with the well-known American ‘Quack’ doctor and Ripper suspect, Francis J. Tumblety?
I’m sure I read he fled to the States somewhere about this time….

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

John - I believe they do. Still I don't hold much credence is this.

Unknown said...

Gary, I actually did a blog on this a bit back, after watching a show about it, which was fascinating. The suspect, not Tumblety, seemed to fit perfectly in many areas, including modern computer reconstrutive aging of a face. Some of the evidence was extremely convincing. I came away thinking, my god, this might actually be solved. I actually took Red Jack into the old West in my western, Ripper Pass. Always had a fascination with him, from as far back as Wolf in the Fold, The Star Trek episode.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...