Monday 7 December 2009

HAPPY SNAPPING

The thing with digital photography is that you end up with thousands of images sitting on your hard drive. images mind, not photographs. These days the hip photographer refers to his work as images.

Photographs are so last century!

Anyway once you've got over the initial outlay for the camera, digital photography is far less expensive than conventional film. There's no developing costs, instant results and a vast number of software tools that give you the editing power of a traditional darkroom. Photoshop is the leading editing tool but it can be expensive and there are many free editing suites on the web that can do more or less the same thing. Gimp, for instance is well worth getting used to. But check out the free photo editing software at download.com for many free programs that can help jazz up your digital snaps.

But as I was saying - there's images upon images cluttering up my hard drive. Every now and then I'll string a few of these pics together and make a video presentation. The following features some of my snaps set to music, a traditional Welsh folk song, from the great Max Boyce.

Hope you enjoy.




3 comments:

Bea said...

I came by way of "G's" blog. He mentioned your blog. Love the video and love your images. There, that makes me current with the kids, right? Some of those photos are fantastic for using for layers in digital artwork. I'm going to be taking an Internet class on that in January. If you are interested email me and I'll send you to the artists site. And, you are absolutely right, I had to buy a back up hard drive for all my "images". :)Bea

Bea said...

Me again....DJ has just posted her information about her online class.
http://djpettitt.blogspot.com/
I don't get any kickbacks for posting this. I'm planning on taking the class because I love what she does with all those thousands of images we have in our computers. You have some in that video that would be PERFECT for altering in this class. :)Bea

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Thanks I will check this out.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...