Friday 6 November 2009

THE CURSE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES

The continuous repetition of story after story after story left me virtually repeating myself. The stories varied but I was always the same character merely repeating myself in differing situations. Holmes was often disturbing and sometimes destructive - Basil Rathbone


I have to admit that I absolutely hated the plays. I never enjoyed doing anything less - Alan Wheatley, the BBC's first Sherlock Holmes


Holmes has become an albatross around my neck - William Gillette

These lighter sketches have prevented me from exploring and finding my limitations in such varied branches of literature as history, poetry, historical novels,psychic research and drama - Arthur Conan Doyle

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Interesting quotes. I knew that Doyle had gotten very tired of Holmes over time. Amazing that others got tired of their bread and butter as well.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...