Monday 28 September 2009

Detectives, sex and old blue eyes

They were holding what was billed as, "American style flea market" in the community centre to raise funds for the local scout group. A good cause I thought and went along- mind you, dear reader, I think there might be something wrong here since there were no fleas there, American or otherwise.

What I did get was this nice magazine which I thought, at first glance, was a pulp mag along the lines Ellery Queen and Alfred Hitchcock Magazine but upon closer examination I found it was one of those true crime type publications. Mind you I bought it anyway.





I found this advert in the crime magazine for a book of sex practices amusing - and useful too if I could ever find anyone to practice with.





Ahh well -


Anyway tacky crime magazines aside I also came away with a pile of old paperbacks and a complete bound (well I think it is complete) set of an old part work called The Movie. There were twenty binders, each full of the history of cinema told in an engaging style. I paid £20 - can't be bad.






No comments:

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...