Saturday 8 August 2009

TRUE WEST MAGAZINE LATEST ISSUE


Features a two page spread looking at the Black Horse Western publishing house. The magazine has only just hit news stands in the US so the import issues should be with us in the UK in a week or so.

I've not yet seen the article but thanks to the wonders of the web and a very special mucker over in the US who read me the article using the VOP Technologies of Skype.a truly wonderful free program, I know what it contains and it is very complimentary of the BHW range and the piece features some comments from John Hale himself. I do know that several BHW writers including Lance Howard and Chap O'keefe are mentioned in the piece.

I'll feature more here when I've seen the actual issue but it's bound to contains the usual excellent mix of western based articles both fiction and historical fact. I've not missed an issue for the past four years but now that my local Borders has closed down I don't know if I'm going to be able to continue to pick it up. Thankfully that won't matter this time as my mucker is very kindly posting me a copy but I do hope the Cardiff Borders stocks the mag so I can continue to pick it up.

It's great that the Black Horse Range is getting noticed more and more these days and anyone wanting to know more about the books should visit Robert Hale's website.

2 comments:

Matthew P. Mayo said...

Hi Gary,
Yep, I subscribe and received the issue three weeks ago. I was surprised and pleased, to say the least, to see the article on BHWs!

And the rest of the issue is brimming with its usual top-shelf offerings.

Cheers,
Matt

Unknown said...

Go here to read the online article:
http://www.truewestmagazine.com/stories/draw_old_chap/1230/all/

Best,
Keith

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...