Saturday 1 August 2009

BEATLES REMASTERS


Next month, 9th September in fact, the most significant back catalogue in the history of modern music will finally be available on remastered CD's. And about time too since the current CD's have not been touched since they were originally released in 1987 and the sound quality is sub-standard when compared to the original vinyl.

THE REMASTERS ARE:


Please Please Me
With the Beatles
A Hard Day’s Night
Beatles for Sale
Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
Magical Mystery Tour
The Beatles (The White Album)
Abbey Road
Let It Be
Past Masters (currently available as two separate discs. This now become a double album.)
Yellow Submarine (This is a remaster of the original version and not the far superior songbook version.)


Yep folk we can now buy all those classic albums for the tenth time, making a pot of money for Paul, Ringo and the surviving relatives of John and George. But seriously I do welcome these new additions but the fact is that the original CD issues should have been up to scratch. Ahh well technology moves on but The Beatles are constant.


4 comments:

David Cranmer said...

I will get Abbey Road again. Extraordinary music. I've purchased it in every form except 8-Track.

Scott D. Parker said...

I am SO there for this. I favor the post-1965 material, starting with Rubber Soul. It appears that David and I share Abbey Road as our favorite Beatles CD. Yeah, I am SO there. Wonder if the inevitable iTunes download versions will be as good as the remastered CDs?

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Guys - side 2 of Abbey Road is what ears were made for.

John Sinclair said...

'sigh' I guess i'll get them all over again....

60s' - small child. Vinyl (via my dad)
70's - early teens. Abbey Road and Let It Be on reel-to-reel then compact cassette then 8 track and fond memories of hearing Abbey Road on a Quad system set up for testing of music-in-the-round auditoriums.... bliss...
80s' - young adult. Cd then mini-disc then copy to Sony Walkman then rediscover old compact cassettes and play the originals instead.
90s' - Grown adult. CD plus loads of bootlegs on CD (and the occasional vinyl). Break Walkman.
2000s' - approaching maturity (not sure from which side). More CD's then downloads and now CD again. Copy to Ipod from original vinyl. Copy Beatles films to Ipod. Lose Ipod.

Fondish memories of a bunch of Japanese tourists in the Beatles Experience in Liddypool trying to steal my driving licence as I stupidly try to get it and me photographed next to the track 'John Sinclair' on the list of John Lennon songs ...
'No, madam, I'm not THAT John Sinclair and please let go of my knackers and my driving licence before my brother-in-law busts a gut laughing...'

All that money...

Hell - I've kept McCartney in hair dye and ex-wives all these years.....

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...