Friday 19 June 2009

TARNISHED STAR NEW REVIEWS

"The Western was one of the most significant precursors to the hardboiled and noir styles of crime fiction, and if the PI didn’t quite replace the lone lawman, he certainly followed the path he had blazed down a mean street or two. Gary Dobbs – writing as Jack Martin – knows this better than most, and has a number of gritty and uncompromising short noir thrillers to his credit. The Tarnished Star is his first novella, and focuses on the struggles of Sheriff Masters in a tiny Old West town called Squaw."


The quote above comes from writer, Rafe McGregor, author of Architect of Murder - the full review will appear on both his blog HERE (this weekend) and Tangled Web later in the week. Be sure to check out the full review this weekend - it's a bloody good one, review that is.

3 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Continuing congrats on the continuing good reviews. My copy should be waiting for me when I return home and I'm looking forward to cracking the first chapter.

Charles Gramlich said...

Excellent! It goes to the top of my list when it arrives.

Richard Prosch said...

That review really whets my appetite...and lo! I received my copy from the Book Depository today. Seems I have some good reading ahead of me!

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...