Wednesday 10 June 2009

TARNISHED STAR GALLOPS INTO STORES


When is a publication date not a publication date?

Well with Tarnished Star it seems. Now last month Joanne Walpole was amazed to find that people were getting hold of her debut western Long Shadows, written under the name of Terry James, a couple of weeks before official publication.

Well the same thing's happened with Tarnished Star - today I had a phone call from a Friend who told me his local bookshop in Bath telephoned him to tell him the copy of Tarnished Star he'd ordered was in for immediate collection. Now that's good service - I haven't even seen it myself yet and the official publication is still 19 days away.

Amazon, The Book Depository and Borders now have the book listed for immediate delivery and Amazon are already low on stock. So get those orders in fast to ensure your copy comes nice and quickly. Who knows you may even get it before the official publication.

I've been told I should get my complimentary copies by Monday - it can't come soon enough.

8 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

The Book Depository sent an email saying I should get mine in a few days. That may be presumptuous as I'm here in the States.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Randy - you'll probably get it before me.

Chris said...

Excellent scan of the article. Really enjoyed reading it, too.

James Reasoner said...

I got the same email from the Book Depository as Randy did. I'm looking forward to reading the book!

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Hope you all enjoy it guys.

David Cranmer said...

I should have gone with The Book Depository because Amazon isn't saying squat.

Cullen Gallagher said...

Got the email as well. Now lets hope my postman doesn't forget to deliver my mail, as sometimes happens.

Jo Walpole said...

You'll be counting those hours and minutes until yours arrive. Don't forget to physically accost the postie (tackle him if necessary) - mine loved it!

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...