Sunday 7 June 2009

THE TAINTED PODCAST TRIAL IS UP


THE TAINTED PODCAST will be a magazine type show with features, interviews and reviews. Although it will have a heavy leaning to the western genre it will, like the Tainted Archive, cover other genres. The first show will go live around Thursday however to test the system is working I recorded a podcast trial of myself reading my short story, A Man Called Masters. Note this was only a trial but it shows the system works.To be honest I'm not happy with the sound quality or the audio effects - the glitches have been worked out for the proper show but it's there and available now. It goes under the title of TAINTED PODCAST FICTION to differentiate it from the actual Tainted Podcast show.

You can check it out HERE
You can subscribe so you get each episode as it goes live. It is available in Itunes and you will find the link on the home page or locate The Tainted Podcast through the Itunes store.
You can also listen to it on this blog by clicking the player in the side bar

THE TAINTED PODCAST -proper-WILL GO LIVE THIS THURSDAY

8 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Good start and I will be looking forward to more. Gary, is there any medium you don't work in?

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

David - no heavy lifting or cold weather.

To be honest I'm not really happy with the reading but I'm excited about the show proper - the sound is far better and it sound much more professional. But I wanted to post the trail run, warts and all, because I though - why not? People don't pay for it so they can afford to indulge my dry run.

Glad you liked it, though.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Trail run I mean trial - mind you trail run may actually work

David Cranmer said...

Yeah, I hate the cold myself.

For a trial, the podcast was fine but my suggestion would be to slow down in the reading just a tad bit.

Chris said...

Awesome to hear your voice, Gary! Good work on the podcast. I liked hearing the backstory about the story itself. Music intro was perfect, too. Looking forward to more.

What are you using to record? Software? Any particular microphone?

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll check it out.

Charles Gramlich said...

Yeah, I liked this and it was interesting hearing your voice. I agree with David, I think the major issue is to slow down some.

Richard Prosch said...

Gary: Nice job. You're doing great! I'll be tuning in on Thursday.

I too really enjoy getting the backstory to the tale.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...