Thursday 11 June 2009

CINEMA RETRO

I have made a new discovery - there's a lot of film magazines out there but most lean towards modern blockbusters and only pay lip service to classic cinema. Oh, why isn' t there a magazine solely devoted to classic cinema?

Well I've just discovered there is and it's on issue fourteen.

I won't be missing an issue in the future, let me tell you.

This issue features some well known names writing about classic films with enthusiasm and love for the subject. Raymond Benson interviews Harry Northup, Howard Hughes (see previous post) looks at three Clint Eastwood films involving strange love, there's a look at Alistar Maclean on film,a retrospective article on The Man from Uncle. And much more.

The mag has been running since 2004 and I'll be buying up all the back issues.

Excellent.

1 comment:

Abe Lucas said...

I've been a subscriber since 2007 and the latest issue has a writeup on LAWMAN (1971) and CHATO'S LAND (1972), two of Michael Winner's westerns.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...