Saturday 3 January 2009

JACK MARTIN FICTION ONLINE


Ride on over to the BEAT TO A PULP webzine for the debut publication of Jack Martin.

The story, A Man Called Masters was originally sold to Great Western Fiction Magazine - payment was made and then the magazine went belly up before publishing the piece. And the copyright passed back to me. The piece is to appear soon in a print western story anthology but the publishers were happy for me to offer the electronic rights elsewhere.

And so the story ended up with David Cramer's excellent, Beat To A Pulp.

The story was written a year or so ago - I wanted to write something traditional. Something that was very much Louis Lamour or Zane Grey without becoming a pastiche.


I hope you enjoy it.

And if you do like it then don't forget this June sees the publication of a full length Jack Martin novel, The Tarnished Star.

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm off to check it out.

Anonymous said...

What a truly American story - remarkably written by a Brit. Enjoyed that. Took me back to the old days of the western

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Anon - Thanks for that. That's a wonderful thing to say.

Jo Walpole said...

I enjoyed it. The pace and detail were spot on for a shorty. I wish there were more ten minute reads about. Jo

Steve M said...

Very good Gary, looking forward to your book even more now.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...