Saturday 6 December 2008

I've been MEMED

By Chris over at the Louis Lamour project. The idea is to list books by authors that you've read this year that are new to you. And then tag someone else so they do likewise and so on and so on......


James McGee - Ratcatcher and Resurrectionist (bloody good stuff)
Hank Jansen - Sweet Fury (Finally read some of this thrilling stuff)
Chap OKeefe - Outlaw and the Lady (brilliant all action traditional western)
Joanne Walpole - Lies that Bind (more romantic than my usual reading but Jo's a new friend of mine and I had to place her here. Look out for her forthcoming Black Horse Western.
Elmer Kelton - the trail drive series (only recently discovered him but now devouring his books)
J K Rowling - Harry Potter (finally read one this year to see what all the fuss was about. I still don't get it. Maybe I'm too old.)
Ken Bruen - Priest (harder than hardboiled)
Megan Abbot - Die a Little (A great noir thriller that had me glued to the page)


And so I now meme Steve Holland and Joanne Walpole. Come on guys.

(Pictured Meadowland behind my house - Late summer 2008 when I was playing with my new camera)


NEWS - CHECK OUT STEVE HOLLAND'S BEAR ALLEY BLOG for a edited version of my review of Steve's excellent western comic book collection, High Noon.
Cheers Steve

4 comments:

Jo Walpole said...

Because you mentioned me, here's my list of authors I've read who are new to me. Lee Younger is by far my favourite although I'm enjoying the Edge book and will definitely read some more of those.

William Terry - Hannie Caulder
Diane Wylie - My Enemy, My Love
Lee Younger - Way of the Hunted & When the Pistolero rides
Brett Landry - The Liberators
George G Gilman - Edge: Sioux Uprising
Richard Cuddington – Easy Reading Shakespeare
Tom Anson - Claw
D A Horncastle - Crisis in Castello County
Chap O’Keefe - Misfit Lil Fights Back
Boyd Cassidy - Riders of the Bar 10
John Blaze - Deadly Gold
Clifford H Fry - A Wolf and a Jackal

Anonymous said...

James McGee is the best writer in the world today

Charles Gramlich said...

Now I'm adding those to my lists of authors to try, although said list is so enormous now that I need to be immortal to get to them all.

Ben Willans said...

The Harry Potters get better and better as you go along (with the exception of book 5 which is a bit of a con job really).

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...